Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Renewing of Your Mind

As a student I am constantly taking in new information and learning how to apply it to my career, this week I ran into a scripture that was first introduced to me when I was about 13 years old.

 Romans 12:2 (NIV)

 Do not conform to the pattern of this world,
but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.
 Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is- his good,
 pleasing, and perfect will.

This scripture was the foundation of my rites of passage into womanhood, at the time it was just a scripture that became a pain in the butt because we all had to memorize and recite it in unison. But I am starting to get the message behind it, as I learn better I must do better and in doing better I am using my renewed mind, my new skills, my God given talents to help others to seek to do the same and growing closer to God.

Religion or the very existence of God is questionable to many but atheist or believer we all have minds and keeping them open is what we need to be successful.

In my accomplishments, I hope that each paid position, friend, colleague, or love help me to maintain an open mind, and allow me to transform my life and actions to accommodate its renewed way of thinking and doing

-#knowthequeen

No comments:

Post a Comment